Monday, April 25, 2016

Why won't baby nap or FOMO babies

My son has a serious case of FOMO(fear of missing out) which means he hates napping. 
source
Like hates it. And believe me we have tried everything trying to get this kid to nap well actually just sleep in general, I mean bedtime he does so much better, he wakes a bunch at night but that's biologically normal so I'm ok with that but naps OMG. 
Wearing him in the ergo is really the only reprieve I have or holding him on my lap but even that its still a struggle. Why are some babies just great sleepers and others are terrible? I don't think anyone really knows.

I thought back to when I was pregnant and our ultrasounds, and every single one, this kiddo was moving like a maniac even before I could feel him kick and that basically is his personality in life, he is not patient (which I assume applies to most babes) but is also one of my traits, and he just wants to go go go. He is constantly moving and he can't even crawl yet. 

Fortunately my friend Lindsay has hooked me up with some DoTERRA oils to help him relax and I do feel like they help calm him but I also think his 4 month sleep regression also has something to do with it at least that's what I tell myself. 

And if you haven't read this article in the New York Times, you really should. It definitely helped me feel like although I tried this and that, that perhaps my lovely little one was just not a great sleeper and that was really no reflection on me as a parent but just him (and I honestly wonder if him being early and having reflux has contributed but that may have nothing to do with it)

I feel like we tend to forget babies are little people and have their own personalities and likes and dislikes and yes we are the parents but we also need to find what works for them and sometimes the solution is just to cuddle with mom or dad or another caregiver and that is ok too. 








No comments:

Post a Comment