Monday, December 2, 2013

Super Cute and Billigt Garlands

So you are probably wondering what the heck Billigt means…. well its the Swedish word for cheap. And these garlands are super easy, super cheap and super cute.


For materials:
Ikea (see this is where the Swedish comes in) paper coasters
Embroidery thread (the kind you use to make friendship bracelets)
Needle

Thread your needle with the embroidery thread. Then thread them through the coasters.


Once threaded I spaced them out how far apart I wanted them and then I made a knot in the thread so they would stay in place.  From one 10 pack of coasters I made two garlands.



The needle and thread I had on hand and the coasters were $1.00, I put them together and strung them up in less then 20 minutes.
Leia managed to sneak into this shot. 

A cute fast and festive way to prepare for the holidays!  


3 comments:

  1. The ornaments are adorable, and my eyes keep getting drawn to that AWESOME mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to use those coasters!

    ReplyDelete