Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Natural Deodorant



Ingredients:

3 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp cornstarch
10 drops tangerine essential oil

Lightly melt the coconut oil in a glass container in the microwave, or in a saucepan on low heat if you prefer - I put it in my pyrex and melted it for 20 seconds in the microwave, when I took it out and stirred it the rest of it melted on its own.

Mix in the cornstarch and baking soda - I started with 2 tablespoons at a time until each one was incorporated.

Mix in essential oil (I picked tangerine - but really any kind you like would work)


Place in a container - I put mine in a small mason jar. Just put a small dab under each arm and you are good to go.


                    I wore this all day and although my armpits got wet,  there was no smell. Success!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think this would replace my normal armpit deodorant, but I could imagine this would be great for my feet when it's back to non-sockless weather again.

    ReplyDelete