Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pear Cardamom Bread (Gluten Free & Paleo)



1 cup almond flour
¼ cup arrowroot flour  (it’s been debated on if it’s actually Paleo, but in this instance I am using a pretty small amount - you could also likely sub with tapioca starch if you prefer that)
¼ c coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cardamom (such a yummy fall spice)
pinch of salt (I like the Himalayan pink salt)
3 tbsp room temp grass-fed butter
3 eggs
5 dates (soaking before hand might help with the blending but I didn’t do that step)
1-2 moderately ripe pears (not mushy but not super firm either)  I used Comice

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Mix together all the dry ingredients.
Blend together all the wet ingredients, eggs, butter, dates, and ½ the pears. Mix the dry into the wet and once well-mixed fold in the pears.
 I like to let the mix sit for a couple minutes so the coconut flour has time to absorb all the liquid. This would be a good time to butter your loaf pan, after 5 minutes add the batter to the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until set.
You might notice mine is a little darker then I usually like to bake things,  this is mainly because I got caught up watching Scandal and didn’t hear the timer beep. Whoops! 


Either way its delicious, gluten free, and paleo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm no longer doing Gluten-Free, but I might try this anyway!

    ReplyDelete