Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Plants!

I have been a very busy bee this last month- the summer always seems to be the busiest time of year for everyone, and  it sure is for me. August in particular!

I hope to get back to posting a little more regularly once September hits, I've been taking lots of photos to share with you all on some upcoming posts in the meantime I'll leave you with a few shots of my current addiction..,... Succulents! 


The reason I am such a die hard succulent fan is that they are pretty impossible to kill, ESP for a brown thumb like myself. 

Indoor plants are beautiful & they help with air quality not to mention they add a little colour to your home. 

I am hoping to get a few different types of plants before the end of the year to help keep a little of the summer inside all winter long. 

I can't wait to start planning new shrubs & flowers in the yard, but that is another list altogether! 

Here are the ones I'm looking at,

Bromeliads
image courtesy flowerpictures.org


Lambs tale/Donkey tail
image courtesy ckenb.blogspot.com 
Pearl Plant
image courtesy casasugar.com

maybe a small Palm

image courtesy tropical-plants-and-flowers-guide.com

and some lucky bamboo
image courtesy thehomelook.blogspot.com


I am also going to the Swan Island  Dahlia festival (which you can read about here) to get some Dahlia bulbs to plant for spring.

What are your favorite plants or flowers? Have any gardening tips for me? 

3 comments:

  1. I love bamboo! But, really, I like cut flowers because I know that they will die and it isn't my fault. I suck and keeping flowers/plants alive... even succulents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having real plants in the house! It feels so great! My friend gave me a coffee plant for my birthday and it is really pretty... whether or not I can get it to grow coffee beans is another story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of succulants for their hardiness, but I also like how they have such interesting shapes and textures.

    Outside, I have been surprised at how tough pansies are- something about their little faces peeking up all year round is so endaring!

    ReplyDelete