Monday, August 12, 2013

Paleo Greek Ribs

One of my favorite rib dishes is Greek ribs, which usually consists of Cavendars Greek seasoning, lemons, and pork ribs.

But Cavendars has a bunch of extra stuff in it.....

So I opted to make my own version. 

1 pkg. pork baby back ribs
A couple lemons, halved
1-2tbsp Garlic powder
1-2tbsp Dried thyme 
Salt to taste 
Kerrygold butter

Preheat your oven to 300 degrees
In a heavy bottom cast iron pan, melt the butter and place the ribs in the pan. 
Add the seasoning, squeeze the lemon juice over the ribs. Add the lemon halves to the pan.  Brown the ribs on both sides and cover with aluminum foil. 
Bake for 2 hrs or until the meat is falling off the bone. 
Once the ribs are nice and tender, pull out the pan and place it back on the stovetop, brown the ribs until they are nice and caramelized. 
I also like grilling them on the BBQ after they come out of the oven. 

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, that sounds awesome! I've only made ribs in the slow cooker... I have very limited meat-cooking experience so I am impressed that you just came up with this! Those flavors sound good!

    We just bought a whole grassfed lamb from a farm I found at the farmers' market so I think the next ribs I make will be lamb!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband loves ribs and I think he would love this flavor combo!

    ReplyDelete