Friday, August 9, 2013

I Heart Old Photos


Over the last few weekends I have been working on going through old photos so I can enlarge them and showcase them in the house. 

I am hoping to get some photos from my mother in law of my husband's side of the family as well but here are a few favs of my grandparents. 











technically these are my parents. too cute


Back when people didn't take a million photos of their food, selfies, diys, etc.  don't get me wrong I'm guilty of those, but there is just something unique about old photos, maybe because they are in black & white or because they were taken in a simpler time. 

I can't wait to put these up. I bought a mix of new ikea frames & got some old frames from goodwill, which I'll probably spray paint.... Spray paint has been my BFF lately.  If you follow me on instagram you have probably seen my newest project (updating our front gate


5 comments:

  1. It's really cool to have old photos of family like that. My mom tried to scan in all of ours from her family, quite a project but great to have them digitally/forever. They are definitely a different kind of photo than the ones people take now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love old photos too especially swimmy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old photos as well- and perhaps because they didn't take as many back than as you mentioned, it often is really capturing a special moment and has so much story behind it rather than a just snap and sit on the smartphone for a while (oops!) Sounds like a fantastic project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pictures! What a treasure to have and display them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great, I love old photos too! My mom has photos of all four of my grandparents when they were in their 20s up on her wall. I need to make copies of them because I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete