Monday, May 20, 2013

Cherry Clutch Part Troix


Part 3

I’m not going to lie, the zipper took me a few hours. It was my first project ever using a zipper and after sewing it on incorrectly I had to use the seam ripper and start again.

I think next time I will use a regular zipper, I have a feeling it might be a little easier on a newbie like myself. 

I watched a Craftsy video (free) on how to install a zipper. I was really helpful, I highly recommend it.


I got to use my zippered foot for the new machine and that was a little scary because I was worried I was going to mess it up, but it ended up working out. Phew!

Make sure the cherries are facing each other and the interfacing is on the outside, and then attach the zipper to both sides.  Then sew around three edges leaving the zipper open.




No comments:

Post a Comment