Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cherry Clutch Part 1

I am super excited to use my new sewing machine. For my first project on it I decided to make a simple foldover clutch. I wanted a summery fabric but also something that wasn't too out there.



After going back and forth on a few things, I opted for this really cute cherry pattern for the outside and a seersucker red and white polka dot for the lining.  I also decided to do a hidden zipper instead of the one in the pattern.

I am hoping to have it completed by the blogger meetup on Saturday :)

Materials:
3/4th yard of each fabric (you will have leftovers)
3/4th yard of medium/heavy weight interfacing (again leftovers)
12' zipper
1/2 yard of 3/4inch cotton tape or grosgrain ribbon (leftovers, esp since I opted for a different zipper)
thread


First: Cut out and assemble your pattern. My mom gave me this pattern, which you can find for free here, I taped it together and then cut it out.

Pin the pattern to your fabric and cut. Make sure to have the lines match up with the grain of the material.

I needed two large squares of the cherry, two large squares of the dot and then I opted to do a lined pocket, so 1 small square of each. You will also need 2 large squares of medium to heavy interfacing cut out as well.


Stay tuned for Part 2.....

2 comments:

  1. Cute fabrics, can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable... can't wait to see it in use tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete