Saturday, March 30, 2013

Paleo Poppyseed Mini Loaves and why I have been MIA


Hey there!  I know what you are thinking -Leah - I thought you said you would be blogging at least once a week, what happened?   Well...... we sold our house! Part of the reason I haven't been posting  is on top of school and work is we are busy packing and looking for a new house. 

Oh Packing! Packing is a bit of a nightmare, I have packed many things that I really could be using right now...like my muffin pans, loaf pans, stand mixer, etc. Not to mention clothes, shoes, I got a bit ahead of myself. Whoops!

Here is a yummy Gluten Free Paleo recipe to tide you over for a while.   Lemon Poppyseed & Almond Poppyseed mini loaves!  This could easily be adapted to making a regular size or jumbo loaf depending on how many pans you divide the batter into. 

6 cups blanched almond flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup melted Kerrygold butter (I used salted, if you useunsalted ad a ½ tsp of salt to the batter)
1 1/2 cups grade B maple syrup
6 eggs

Mix the dry ingredients, almond flour and baking soda in 1bowl, then mix the wet ingredients – melted butter, eggs, and maple syrup in adifferent bowl. Now mix them together.

Now split the batter into two bowls. To the first bowl add

Lemon Poppyseed:
Zest of 2 lemons
½ tsp vanilla extract
juice of 1 lemon
1-2 tbsp poppyseeds

Almond Poppyseed:
1 tbsp almond extract
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1-2 tbsp poppyseeds

Butter 8 mini loaf pans and divide the batters between them.Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes, I would start checking around 20 minutes.

When a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean they aredone. Let cool completely in the pans and unmold.
Aren't they cute?

I made a big recipe for a couple of reasons, one, I figuredif I was going to be baking this tyoe of loaf, I might as well make a large batch and do a couple flavors.The secondis I want to freeze some of the loaves and give a few away. Next time I think I'll do a blueberry lemon variation as well. 


Almond Poppyseed
Lemon Poppyseed



4 comments:

  1. I tried them both and they are delicious! They didn't taste gluten free. I personally preferred the lemon flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the sale. I hope that you find a new place soon and that it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla, we found a short sale but who knows how long that might take!

      Delete
  3. Yum! Almond poppyseed is one of my favorite flavors.

    ReplyDelete