Sunday, February 3, 2013

Paleo Taco Pizza

Since going gluten free getting pizza just wasn't the same, for a long time there wasn't anything that tasted good, then a few places close to us came up with some pretty yummy recipes, and my pizza addiction came back.

Before that happened I made cauliflower crust pizza, which even my husband really liked. Now that we are paleo no more pizzacato gluten free crusts!

I love this recipe for pizza and usually I'll make Hawaiian but tonight I was really in the mood for taco pizza.

Ingredients:
1 recipe cauliflower crust pizza
1lb grassfed beef
Taco seasoning
Tomatoes
Avocado
Romaine
Onion
Pepperjack cheese
Tomato sauce

Brown the meat and add the taco seasoning, cook until browned.
Make the cauliflower crust. While its cooking get your toppings ready, dice your onion, tomato and avocado. Shred the lettuce. I cooked the onion and roasted the tomatoes in the cast iron pan.

Once the crust is done its time to assemble. Sauce the pizza, top with the beef, onion, tomatoes and cheese.

Broil until the cheese is melted. Once it's nice and melty and just starting to brown remove from the oven.

Top with shredded lettuce, avocado and sour cream if you want.
I found a really yummy grassfed sour cream at 
new seasons.
Slice and enjoy! You are going to need to eat this with a knife and fork, it tastes just like taco pizza, but it definitely can't be picked up like regular pizza.


3 comments:

  1. Wow this looks awesome! - Michelle @ Hummingbird High

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband usually doesn't eat the crust of pizzas to try to cut on the carbs (which maybe I end up eating like they were breadsticks...), but we both love cauliflower and I had never heard of cauliflower crust pizza! I can't wait to try this, thanks for sharing! @pechluck

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of a paleo pizza totally turned me off...until I read this! I may try something like this!

    ReplyDelete