Sunday, February 10, 2013

Paleo Banana Coconut Bread


I have been experimenting with banana bread recipes, sometimes you just get sick of having eggs in the morning, and I think this one is pretty tasty. 

Ingredients
2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
3 eggs
2-3 ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
2 tbsp grade B maple syrup
¾  teaspoon of baking soda
½  teaspoon of sea salt
¼ c shredded unsweetened coconut
¾ c almond flour
¼ c coconut flour


I blended the wet ingredients in the blender, then added the dry ingredients one by one ending with the coconut flour

Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Serve with coconut butter or grass-fed butter, Kerry gold is a favorite of mine.


Yum! 

8 comments:

  1. Mmm sounds good. I enjoy baking with almond flour. I bet it's delicious with the bananas. I've never used coconut flour. I'll have to pick some up and try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut flour soaks up a ton of liquid, a little goes a long way :)

      Delete
  2. I have been making banana bread a lot lately, but my recipe has whole wheat flour so it's not exactly paleo friendly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mine came out really mushy :( I had to bake it almost 1.5 hours to make it hold any sort of texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I might try decreasing the liquid a bit or using less banana.
      I've made it a few times and haven't had any problems, I'm sorry it didn't work out. I used a regular loaf pan and it only filled it up about 2 inches. If it was pretty full I would guess it would take much longer to bake.

      Delete