Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Breaking up is hard to do....

I have been an avid wearer of Dansko clogs for years, but yesterday was my last straw. I was walking the dogs and half way through I did something I like to call the dansko roll. Basically something about the shape of the clog makes it incredibly easy to roll your ankle. I know its just not my klutziness although as it has happened to me many times it has also happened to people I know who wear Danskos. Although I have been able to recover pretty quick and continued to wear them. Well yesterday is the last time I'll be wearing them . I hurt my foot so bad that I had to ice it down and a day later can barely limp along and put any pressure on that foot.

So long Danskos! I'll miss you, but I won't miss the injuries you cause. See how swollen my foot is? :(

13 comments:

  1. Your right foot must be especially ticked to be the unadorned AND swollen one. Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have super weak ankles and had to stop wearing them too for the same reason. Man... your ankle looks awful! I hope it's feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, I don't know why Dansko's seem to have this issue. goodwill will enjoy my stash!

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, that is terrible! I wouldn't wear them again either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there!! I forgot how that happens sometimes. Haven't worn mine in yeeeeeears. It's nice to have slip-ons by the door for running out for the mail or whatever, so i think i still have them for that purpose--although I wear my slip-on birkenstocks for that, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i should take my birkenstocks out as their replacements.

      Delete
  5. Owwwww!! That's one of the big reasons I never wear heels! I have done the dansko roll far too many times! Hope you're feeling better! Lots of frozen peas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so funny you mention the frozen peas because that is exactly what I am using.

      Delete
  6. Ugh! Your poor ankles! I had to give up on Danskos for the same reason....sigh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its such a shame! they can be so comfortable.

      Delete
  7. Injury by way of footwear. Eesh. Yeah, that would put me off a pair of...well...anything.

    ReplyDelete