Thursday, February 7, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs

Usually I am not the biggest fan of chicken thighs, but since we are doing paleo and trying out new cuts  of meat, I wanted to give the chicken thigh another opportunity to win me over.


Adapted from Practical Paleo Smokey Chicken Thighs

Seasoning Mix:
1/4 tsp chipotle pepper powder
1/8 tsp clove powder (I know this seems weird, but I promise its good)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp sweet paprika
1/4 tsp fresh ground cracked pepper
2 tsp sea salt



5 chicken thighs
1 package of bacon (Trader Joe's brand of apple smoked is gluten free)

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix together your spices and sprinkle chicken thighs with mix. Wrap chicken thighs in bacon.

Bake until juices run clear, and internal temp reaches 165, about 40 minutes.

Enjoy with some dijon mustard! I served ours with sweet potato fries. MMMMM.




*Ok actually there is one chicken thigh recipe I absolutely adore and my aunt makes it, I think I will make it in a few weeks and post the recipe because it is sooooo good I just have to share it. In the meantime, this recipe will have to tide you over.

2 comments:

  1. Bacon wrapped anything is fantastic. Last year for super bowl the bf made bacon wrapper tatter tots. yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband would absolutely love bacon wrapped chicken thighs!

    ReplyDelete