Thursday, February 21, 2013

Almond Joy Paleo Cookies


I have made this recipe from Oh Hopscotch before and my latest batch is pretty amazing. 

So using her recipe as a jumping off point I decided to make some Almond Joy cookies.

For ½ a batch – about 18 cookies
1 cup almond flour (blanched, not almond meal)
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
¼ tsp baking soda
6 tbsp salted Kerry gold butter, room temp
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp almond extract (almond extract is pretty strong compared to vanilla extract)
1 tbsp half and half or coconut milk
½ cup extra dark chocolate chips

Mix together the wet ingredients and then add in the dry. Fold in the chocolate chips. Place on parchment and bake in a 350-degree oven for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of the cookies (I used a tablespoon to measure mine out) until they are set and just starting to brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. 


5 comments:

  1. Hmmmm... I need to start playing around with other types of flour. I've always just done the white flour/whole wheat flour thing. I keep seeing awesome recipes with different types of flour/flour substitutes. This recipe has decided it for me—I will have to remedy my flour situation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are never allowed to leave these cookies at my house! ever again.. I ate them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My roommate makes her own Almond flour, we must try these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, these looks so good! I've heard a lot of good things about the Paleo diet!

    ReplyDelete