Sunday, January 13, 2013

Squash Soup

In my effort to eat more vegetables in 2013 I wanted to make a warm and comforting soup. I love the many varieties of winter squash,  and Kabocha is one of my favorites.

Serves 4-6
1 medium to large Organic kabocha squash
(sliced and roasted at 375 until tender)
1/4 c sour cream to serve
1 c shredded cheese
handful fresh sage
salt and pepper to taste


Puree the squash until smooth, I chose to leave the skins on, they soften while cooking and are really good for you.
Mix together the shredded cheese and sage, add to the puree squash and puree until incorporated. If the soup is too thick for you add a little water, milk or broth until the consistency you are looking for.
Salt and Pepper to taste, serve with a dollop of sour cream.

Mmmmmm Good

3 comments:

  1. Yumminess! I love me some squash and Kombucha is a must for me most days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's looks good, even though I despise squash. I always see such delicious (looking) squash stuff but I know I wouldn't actually end up liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to try that, it sounds so easy. We have a hard time getting in enough veggies around here!

    ReplyDelete