Saturday, January 5, 2013

Chicken Chorizo Tacos

After dining at a favorite Mexican place in town this past weekend with a couple friends I really wanted to recreate an easy and "slightly" healthier version at home. Now I probably could have not served the tacos with chips, and could have put them in lettuce wraps, but I didn't go that far, they probably would be really good that way as well, in fact the lettuce wrap might help cut the heat on the chorizo, it was really spicy & delicious!

Ingredients:
6 corn tortillas (double check they are gluten free)
1/2 LB chicken chorizo sausage
Yellow Onion
Cilantro
Olive oil
Sour cream

Brown the chorizo, since I was using chicken chorizo I put a little olive oil in the pan. Dice up the onions & cilantro. Heat the corn tortillas over low heat until warm.
Assemble your tacos, tortilla, chicken, onions & cilantro, sour cream, cojita would be a great addition but I didn't have any.


Serve with guacamole & chips

No comments:

Post a Comment