Monday, December 31, 2012

Sour Cream Banana Bread


 My mom gave me a few bananas to use up, So i decided to try out a new recipe for banana bread. 
This recipe incorporates sour cream, for a really moist cake, and I decided to add an oat crumb topping as well to finish it off and really make it breakfasty.

 
2 ripe bananas mashed
1/3 c salted butter
¾ c brown sugar
1 egg
¼ cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
Nuts (optional)
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan (9x3)
Cream butter, sugar and eggs together in a large bowl. Add in bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Mix in flour and baking soda.  (Fold in nuts if using)
Pour into prepared pan.
 
Crumb topping
¼ brown sugar
1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces.
¼  cup brown rice flour.
½ cup oats (make sure they are gluten free)
Mix together the butter, sugar and flour and oats. Topping should be crumbly.
 

Cover the banana bread with the crumb topping and bake for 45 -60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool 20 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a cooling rack. 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Crumb topping makes everything completely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! Does this freeze well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melinda, I haven't tried freezing this recipe, I bet it would quite nicely, however the oat topping might lose some its crunchiness.

      Delete
  3. WOW delicious. We should really do a potluck for a Meetup--I would love to get my hands on some of your breads and desserts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll bring some goodies to the January meet up ;)

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of using sour cream! I'm going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Homer-esque drooling...commencing.

    ReplyDelete