Thursday, December 13, 2012

Holiday Movies

My friend Erika over at ATinyRocket inspired me to write this post. There are certain movies that are tradition and some that aren't very holiday themed but its a tradition to watch them.

So here goes:
White Christmas- definitely a family favorite, my mom turned me & my sis on to this when we were little, still one of my favorites!
Love Actually- love this! Such a great group of stories, some happy, some sad, all holiday!
Home Alone- my sister and I watched this as kids all the time, whether or not it was around the holidays. We loved to fast forward and rewind the parts where the burglars got hurt.

Every year my family goes to a movie on Christmas, more often then not the movie is not holiday themed, previous years have included Mission Impossible, Sherlock Holmes, The Golden Compass, this year I think it's a toss up between Django Unchained(I'm pushing for it) or The Hobbit.

What are your favorite holiday movies?

9 comments:

  1. Home Alone... AAAAAHHHHHH.

    Isn't it funny what the holidays inspire. cookies soon? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on board for cookies! Let me know what dates work for you.

      Delete
  2. I love Love Actually and Bridget Jones and Elf at Christmas. I have most all of them on DVD but since my computer broke we don't have a DVD player! I'm dyin'!! I still cannot believe the new macs don't have optical drives! Argh. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did I forget about Bridget Jones & Elf? Both are definitely holiday must sees.

      Another classic I forgot- national lampoons Christmas vacation!

      Delete
  3. Elf and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation are two of my favorites to watch at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Muppet's Christmas Carol. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun fun! My faves as a kid were White Christmas and Muppet Christmas Carol--still love them, actually. Nowadays, Elf and Love Actually are on the top list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elf is always a winner and I have come to really appreciate Love Actually this year with it's message of "love is everywhere".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant believe I forgot one of my most favorite holiday movies!
    The Family Stone- such a good one!

    ReplyDelete