Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Break To-Dos

Since finals are officially over (yay!) I am hoping to accomplish a few things during my break from school over the next few weeks.

1 - work on my French every day for at least 30 minutes (I am hoping to do a full month of speaking only French at home with my husband in the coming months, so I need to get ready!)

2 - go for a really good walk every day, even if its miserable and raining, and explore the neighborhood
3 - read a few good books (any suggestions?)

4 - practice yoga (I haven't been doing much yoga lately, I really like it and want to get back into practicing it more often)

5- spend times with family and friends! This one is a bit of a given because of the holidays, but when I am in school full time and working my full time M-F job trying to accommodate everyones schedules can be tricky

6 - work on a few new knitting projects - try and conquer cables specifically (since my holiday knitting is nearing completion ;)

Its hard to believe that 2012 is coming to an end, the year has flown by.


4 comments:

  1. Yay Christmas break!! I don't have a true break but am taking most of next week and some of New Year's week off. I TOTALLY need it. I love the walk idea, and of course lots of friends and family to see this time of year, when everyone's back in town. And WOW, that's a lot of French! Why a full month of only French at home?? I am rusty on mine... :/

    Book recommendations--hmm, lots, probably! Do you have GoodReads? You can see mine here! http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/9783103-suzannah If you haven't read Bossypants, that would be a great one! Quick and funny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is French and I really need to practise for the next time we go visit his family, I am hoping an entire month with force me to get better at it ;)
      Thanks for the book link, I will check it out :)

      Delete
  2. I cannot believe it's time to start thinking about resolutions and the new year already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a great list! I miss Christmas break!

    ReplyDelete