Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gluten Free Cake Flour aka Sheer Awesomeness


This weekend browsing the blogosphere I came across a couple of really awesome blogs. Roost, Caitlin, her husband has Cronhs, so it's all gluten free, more on the Paleo side of things actually and Hummingbird up High, Michelle is a former Denver blogger who is currently making her home in Portland.

I really wanted to try Hummingbirds Buttermilk Whiskey Cake, which you can find here. I am totally jealous of that amazing pinwheel bundt pan, and this fancy one 

I made a few adjustments- I only had 15 year scotch on hand so that's what I used and I swapped out the cake flour for gluten free cake flour which in a word is transformative- because this cake flour was truly awesome and it will transform your gluten free cake baking. Here is the recipe.
Utterly Amazing Gluten Free Cake Flour

Makes 3 cups of flour
½ c white rice flour
½ c brown rice flour
½ c cornstarch
½ cup sorghum flour
2/3 c potato starch
1/3 tapioca starch
3 tsp xantham gum 

Sorry no photos :(

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leah, Thanks for posting all your gluten free goodness! :) Question - can you substitute this cup for cup in a non-gf cake recipe? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy- I have used this blend for non gluten free recipes cup for cup without any issues, in fact people are shocked to hear that it's gluten free. Good luck with your GF baking ;)

      Delete