Monday, December 10, 2012

Delightful Dinner Fritatta

My sister gave me a dozen eggs from their chickens this past weekend and I wasn't sure what to do with them. I didn't want to hide these beautiful fresh eggs in baked goods so I decided to make a fritatta.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While I was preheating I put my cast iron pan in to heat up as well. (Never put a cold cast iron pan into a hot oven)

Ingredients:
7 medium eggs
1 tbsp butter
6 slices of ham, diced
3 green onions, diced
1 cup shredded dry cheese, I used gruyere and parmesan.
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp finely chopped rosemary

Crack the eggs and whisk until frothy, I used my blender.  Mix in the rest of the ingredients except the butter.


Once the pan an oven are nice and hot remove the pan and add the butter to the pan making sure it has coated the sides. Now add in the egg mixture. Place the pan back in the oven and cook until slightly browned and set.

Serve and enjoy.  I really like the little bit of rosemary in there, it just helps bring out the flavor of everything without overpowering it.


This fritatta would be delicious served at a breakfast or brunch, or with a mixed greens salad and a light vinaigrette.


3 comments: