Monday, November 12, 2012

Honey Dill Chicken Tenders & Dipping Sauce

In Canada we have a sauce called honey-dill and its amazing. It is what we eat with chicken tenders, fries, etc. Pretty much instead of ranch we have honey dill and its delicious.  I suddenly had the urge for it this week so I decided to make some chicken tenders.


1 cup mayo
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp dried Dill (I add a little more or little less if you want,  I like dill a lot)
Juice of 1 lemon

Mix together all ingredients. Add a little salt if needed.

In a ziplock add 1/2 lb chicken tenders and enough sauce to coat them. Keep the remaining sauce for serving. Let the chicken chill out in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.

You could grill or bake these but I decided at the last minute to make them crispy.


 I used 1.5 cups corn Chex crushed up as a coating,  you could use a blender or food processor, or put it in a ziplock and bang it with a mallet.

On a plate pour the chex pieces and dip each chicken piece into it pressing the coating on each side.

Bake in a 375 oven for 10 minutes then flip over and cook another 6-10 minutes until cooked through.

Serve with remaining sauce.

We enjoyed these with brown butter tiny potatoes and Parmesan green beans.

4 comments:

  1. Ooo... Honey dill sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dill always reminds me of a specific dip I loved in middle school - my friend and I would always make it and eat it with pretzel sticks... :)

    this dip sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete