Monday, October 1, 2012

October Already!?

It seems as though this year is going by so quickly! It’s already October. I am not sure if that’s because I am so busy, especially the last 6 weeks being back in school or if we have just had a lot going on.
So of course this is time for me to take on another project…… I started cross stitching. Well I don’t know if I can call myself a cross stitcher quite yet, I barely have done anything.
My friend, who I made the patchwork quilt for, gave me a xstitch kit for my birthday and I had her help me start it yesterday. She has done some pretty amazing things with xstitch, for example she did the entire Klimt painting The Kiss in xstitch, I need to post a picture, it’s so intricate and lovely.

My goal is to get to the point where I could do that. I have already been drooling over some of the art patterns, Monet, Vermeer, and Van Gogh in particular.
I might attempt a fancy bookmark for my sister for her Christmas stocking.

The rest of the month of October, I will be working on a few knitting projects, school of course, xstitch, and hopefully some healthy & delicious gluten free recipes. Another thing for October is making time to exercise! I took the summer off and have been a little lazy with it, so I decided October is the time to get back into it. With holiday goodies approaching and us planning a beach vacation in February I have no excuse not to.

2 comments:

  1. I always add a project when I am already overwhelmed with stuff. I think it is my tool for calming my self.

    I also wanted to let you know that your blog link is now up on the Portland Bloggers' Master List! Thanks for adding your blog. Follow along with the blog via RSS, E-mail, Twitter, or Facebook to get updates on meet-ups, blogging tips, and much more! www.pdxbloggers.com

    ReplyDelete