Friday, October 12, 2012

Bacony goodness mashed taters

I had a ton of Yukon gold potatoes that have been sitting on our counter for a while.
On my new kick of trying to be budget savvy and have dinners ready to go I decided to make mashed potatoes so I could freeze them.

I also had this awesome cheese, black pepper toscano, that looked awesome, so I thought I would use it as well.

Ingredients:
About 4.5 lbs of potatoes
1/4 cup salted butter
1/2 cup cream cheese
1.5 cup shredded cheese
Water
2 tbsp salt
3 large green onions
6-7 slices bacon

Cut the potatoes into quarters,place in a pot, cover with water, add salt and bring to a boil.

Preheat oven to 375, place the bacon on a baking sheet, bake in oven 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy.

Once the potatoes are fork tender, drain them in a colander and return to the pot. Cut the butter into cubes and add to the potatoes.
Use a hand mixer, or mash by hand, to mash up the potatoes with the butter.
Then mix in the cream cheese & shredded cheese.

Dice up the green onions and add to the mixture.

Once the bacon is cooked, drain on paper towels, then dice up and add to the potatoes.

At this point you can add salt/pepper to taste, with the bacon and salted butter I didn't need salt but its up to you.

I divided the mixture into 3 large ziplock gallon bags, and then squeezed out all the air and placed them in the freezer.





No comments:

Post a Comment