Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lavender Earl Grey Iced Tea

So a couple days ago I picked up some Monin Lavender syrup. Since here in Portland we are enjoying the last few dwindling days of summer I wanted to make something that's a blend of summer and fall.

I'm not sure why I associate Lavender with fall but I do. I also think Earl Grey is a great fall/winter tea, with the smell of bergamot it's so comforting.

So I decided to make an Earl Grey & Lavender iced tea. Now I can't take credit for coming up with this all on my own, it was suggested to me one day as I frequented a local coffee establishment by my office. However it's so fantastic I needed to share.

Here is the recipe:

1/2c Monin Lavender syrup
6 bags Decalf Earl Grey tea bags (you could use caffeinated of course)
Water
Ice

Boil 40oz of water, once it boils pour it over the tea bags. I steeped the tea bags for 4 minutes, don't steep too long or the tea gets that acidic taste to it. Remove the tea bags and add 6 cups of ice. Stir until the ice has melted. Then add the syrup. I thought 1/2 cup was enough to give it the flavor and sweeten it without going overboard.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment