Monday, September 24, 2012

Breakfast muffins

One of my friends posted a recipe on pinterest using oats, yogurt and bananas to make breakfast muffins.

I have made it twice so far. My biggest complaint is they are pretty heavy, but otherwise they are great. Even my husband eats them, if I add a sprinkling of chocolate chips.

The most recent batch I added Chia seeds.  I think next time I might add some diced apricot, coconut, and nuts.

Here is the recipe:
2.5 c oats (I used Trader Joes gluten free oats)
1 small container greek yogurt (I used fage 2% as that is what I had on hand, any type would work though)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 mashed bananas
1.5 tsp baking powder (Clabber Girl is GF)
.5 tsp baking soda
3/4 c sugar ( the first time I used organic white sugar, the 2nd time I added 3 packets of stevia in the raw)
1/3 cup chocolate chips (if you want)
Blend together in the blender, adding the oats a little at a time until the batter is smooth.
Mix in chocolate chips and pour into sprayed muffin tins (I used silicone bakeware) and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

On my 2nd batch I used the stevia and added in 1/3c chia seeds.  I think the next time I make them I'll reduce the oats by about 1/2 a cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment